SUNSHARK is committed to leading the way in sustainable fashion with OEKO-TEX certified organic cotton. We research the best suppliers who provide us with the highest quality materials while performing renewable practices.
- Over 70% of organic cotton is harvested in India and it promotes safe farming by using non-toxic chemicals on the plants and land that have water running downstream to neighboring communities.
- Organic cotton uses 88% less water and 62% less energy consumption when compared to traditional cotton harvesting.
- The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) ensures that textile workers are protected through safe and humane working conditions as well as the right to a fair and livable wage.
- Tencel is a light, plant-based fiber that is well known for its versatility and eco-friendly approach to creating apparel.
- It is sourced from sustainable wood and then dissolved into wood pulp, filtered, dyed and then spun into a fine thread.
- The fibers are naturally biodegradable and do not require bleaching during its process.
- Bamboo is one of the most eco-friendly and sustainable fabrics on earth.
- The properties within the fibers of the bamboo plant are naturally UV protectant, meaning that it protects your skin from harsh sun rays.
- Not only is the fabric antibacterial, but it is also insulating. Bamboo products will keep you cooler in the summers and warmer in the winters.
- Garments made out of Bamboo are Breathable, Moisture Wicking and resistant to wrinkling!
- Breathable, soft and lightweight are some of the main benefits of using linen.
- This material is resistant to shrink due to natural properties and is hypoallergenic, meaning it is unlikely to cause allergic reactions to the majority of individuals.
- Linen is environmentally friendly by nature, sourced from flax plants that grow without much water or mineral needs.
When you buy from SUNSHARK, you purchase a piece of high-quality clothing with the knowledge that our products are ethically and sustainably created with both the consumer and worker in mind.